Thursday, November 12, 2015

I am addicted

Today is the first day where the weather has dropped below zero all day.
Today is the first day there was frost on my garage floor.
Today as I walked around my house and saw the light grey day with the dark clouds approaching. I knew it. I knew what I wanted. It is dark brown and syrupy, it is rich and unique and comforting. MOLASSES.
All i wanted in the house was the smell and comfort of molasses.
I realized that when fall arrives, truly arrives and sweater weather is here to stay I welcome it with loving arms and the smell of Molasses. Years ago I was given the Starbucks  Ginger Molasses cookie recipe. Not only does this mean I can have this wonderful cookie at home on the country but it is also a little easier to ignore them at the store.
So out of my Kitchen Aid came the dough after it was amply sampled onto the cookie sheets and in to the oven. Best part.... The aroma of these baking! I wish you could all come and have some.
Fall, means to me....
Wonderful baking
Beautiful aromas
Fellowship
Sweaters
Socks
Cozy times

Cookie recipe below....
Starbucks Ginger Molasses
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup (or more) of MOLASSES
BLEND TOGETHER TILL IT IS NOT CURDLED
Add slowly
2 1/4 Cup flour
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
MIX ALTOGETHER SCRAP SIDES WITH A SPATULA SEVERAL TIMES
ROLL DOUGH IN MEDIUM BALLS DIP TOPS IN SUGAR FLATTEN WITH FORK

BAKE AT 375F FOR 8 MIN
Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea....

No comments:

Post a Comment