Friday, May 2, 2014

Outside of me....



Today I am sore, today and last night my body hurts. With little to no voice, constant headaches, back aches, everything aches.... I am choosing to look outside of myself.

It is easy to sit and mope, to complain, to find reasons to not clean, mother and be a good steward of this home.

Today it is easy instead to hide in myself, play games on my iPad, put off needs of my children, and the call to SURRENDER my needs and wants to Christ. It is easy to spend no time thinking of HIM. 


easy.....but life draining....

instead today I am going to choose CHRIST, not myself...
Today I am going to enjoy the giggles, laughter, and color that the girls bring to my life
Today I am going to worship through the aches, through the sore throat... 
Today I am going to hear Christ, surrender me, and focus on HIM.

Through the housework, and the lunch times, through the happy kids and the whiny moments, the color of my home, through the rain clouds outside, through the storm clouds that threaten to hide Christ from my own heart.
Today I am going to prepare my heart for all Christ has for me....

Today I leave on a ladies retreat and Satan doesn't want a victory this weekend for Christ...
There is much a battle going on over here, and I do suspect in the hearts and minds of the ladies getting ready to attend this weekend....

So today we say "NO!" To ourselves

Today we say "YES!" To God's plan for our families, our hearts and our spirits and HIS GLORY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment